Thursday, August 13, 2009

Your Ring is Ready

.A few weeks after Adam ordered my solitaire engagement ring at the little shop in Kettering, we booked a stay in a hotel nearby to enjoy the shopping.  We walked by Totang each day, the store where he ordered my engagement ring setting, and I felt the same thrill each time, knowing very, very soon I would have my very own unique diamond engagement ring from there.  Finally our stay in Kettering ended, we packed and arrived back at his place and he went about checking his mail, taking care of some business that arose in his absence when he got a text.

The engagement ring was ready.

Later his brother told him that he knew it as soon as we did because he heard happy female screaming noises.

Adam called his mom for a ride there, and at first she said we could pick up my engagement ring tomorrow.  This was not what I wanted to hear, (brain screaming: “No!  Now!) but I kept my mouth shut.  I was too happy anyway.  And besides, it’s not like he was planning to propose this evening.  The ring was finished over a week early!  I was just so excited thinking Adam was going to have plenty of time to plan the perfect proposal that I didn’t care about anything else.  He went back to his business, and I enjoyed the romantic music that swelled in my head.

A couple hours later there was a knock on the door.  I saw it was his mom’s partner, ran downstairs, and he asked us if we wanted to go pick up my engagement ring in about 20 minutes.

More shrieking.

I went along for the ride, but I left the men to do their business and went shopping down the road.  I didn’t even want to see my engagement ring until Adam was ready to offer it to me with a proposal.  Maybe it’s not the same when you’ve discussed the engagement and picked out the ring together, but I did not want to take that experience away from him.  I am a traditional girl after all.  And I know I made the right choice, because the look on Adam’s face when he came out of that jewelry store was priceless.  I have never seen him look so proud and elated.  He had the little green bag with the gold bow, and walked so tall and when he saw me he beamed.


Later that night when I walked by the bedroom I saw him with the jewelry bag on his bed, peering into it like a kid at Christmas.  He looked up and saw that I caught him and the dimples made another appearance as he laughed.  I’ll never forget how he looked with that jewelry bag.
.

2 comments:

  1. Your fiance looks really proud and happy in that photo. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) He really did seem proud. Picking out the ring seemed scarier for him, but once it was set his mind was more at ease and he was walking tall!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know what you think of my finds, or if you have any additional wedding tips for me!

Readers, what is your relationship status?